NCERT Class 6:Honey Suckle: Who Did the Patrick’s Homework?
By Carol Moore
Textual Questions and Exercises
Q1. What did Patrick think his cat was playing with? What was it really?
Ans. Patrick thought that his cat was playing with a little doll but it was really a man of the tiniest size.
Q2. Why did the little man grant Patrick a wish?
Ans. The little man granted Patrick a wish because he wanted to get free from cat.
Q3. What was Patrick’s wish?
Ans. Patrick wanted the little man to do all his homework till the end of the semester, which was for 35 days.
Q4. In what subjects did the little man need help, to do Patrick’s homework?
Ans. The little man needed Patrick’s help in English, Maths and human history.
Q5. How did Patrick help him?
Ans. Patrick helped him by consulting a dictionary, guiding the little man in doing sums in arithmetic and read out portions from history book.
Q6. Who do you think did Patrick’s homework – the little man, or Patrick himself? Give reasons for your answer.
Ans. It was not the little man but Patrick himself had did his homework as little man did not know anything, in English, maths and human history. Patrick had to consult dictionary, guide him with maths and help him to read too. He stayed up at nights and worked hard. Therefore, it was Patrick who did the homework.
Working with Language
Q1. Fill in the blanks in the sentences below with the words or phrases from the box. (You may not know the meaning of all the words. Look such words up in a dictionary, or ask your teacher.)
|out of luck||mystery||true to his word||chores|
|look up||semester||between you and me|
- Some people find household chores a bore, but I like to help at home.
- Who stole the diamond is still a mystery.
- This semester we are going to have a class exhibition.
- True to his word, the elf began to help Patrick.
- Can you look up this word in the dictionary?
- I started early to be on time, but I was out of luck. There was a traffic jam!
- She says she’s got a lot of books, but between you and me I think most of them are borrowed.
Q2. Use the clues given below to complete this crossword puzzle.