Set – 4
Code No. 75/1
Candidates must write the Code on the title page of the answer-book.
• Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
• Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
• Please check that this question paper contains 26 questions.
• Please write down the Serial Number of the question before attempting it.
• 15 minute time has been allotted to read this question paper. The question paper will be distributed at 10.15 a.m. From 10.15 a.m. to 10.30 a.m., the students will read the question paper only and will not write any answer on the answer-book during this period.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION (Theory)
CBSE Question Paper – 2016
Time allowed: 3 hours Maximum Marks: 70
(i) The Question paper consists of 26 questions.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) Answer to questions carrying 1 mark should be in approximately 10-20 words.
(iv) Answer to questions carrying 3 marks should be in approximately 30-50 words.
(v) Answer to questions carrying 5 marks should be in approximately 75-100 words.
1. What is ‘Seeding’ in Fixture for Tournaments? 1
2. What do you mean by Adventure Sports? 1
3. What is ‘Bulimia’? 1
4. Suggest two exercises for correcting flat foot. 1
5. What is Food Intolerance? 1
6. Explain the term ‘Menarch’. 1
7. What test would you suggest to measure upper body strength for aged population? 1
8. What do you mean by ‘Cardiac Output’? 1
9. What is ‘Laceration’? 1
10. To cover the maximum distance at what angle an object should be released. 1
11. Explain 1: 1 ratio breathing exercise for reducing anxiety. 1
12. What is Endurance? How endurance can be developed through Fartlec method?
1 + 2 = 3
13. What are the causes of Bad Postures? Write in brief. 3
14. What do you understand by Food myths? Discuss briefly about various Food myths. 3
15. Draw a fixture of 6 teams on league basis following the cyclic method. 3
16. Your school is organising ‘Run for Unity’, explain the responsibilities of accreditation, technical and finance committee. 1 × 3 = 3
17. Write briefly, what is the role of physical activities in improving the quality of life. 3
18. Group of young children were undergoing training for a major competition. Training was targeted to develop selected abilities and preparing for a competition. Some of the team-mates tried to convince other fellow team-mates to use certain medicine which one boy did not agree. Other team-mates tried to convince him for the sake of the team but he firmly denied and convinced them that it is against the rules of the game.
(i) What are the disadvantages for a child to use such banned substance?
(ii) What value the boy has shown by refusing to use banned substance?
(iii) What personality trait he had shown by refusing to his team-mates? 1 × 3 = 3
19. Leaders can be trained through physical education. Justify you answer. 3
20. Elucidate the meaning of motor development in childhood. Discuss in detail about various factors affecting motor development. 5
21. Discuss in detail about the AAPHER Motor Fitness test specifically mentioning the various items in this test battery and its administration. 5
22. Discuss in detail about Female Athletes Triad. 5
23. Explain in detail about the effects of regular exercise on Respiratory system. 5
24. What do you mean by coping? Discuss in detail about the problem focused and emotion focused coping strategies. 1 + 2 + 2 = 5
25. What is the impact of high altitude on Athletes? What measures would you suggest to reduce its impact? 5
26. What do you mean by the term Energy? Discuss about kinetic and potential energy with suitable example from sports. 5